Sunday, October 26, 2008

McCain: ‘I guarantee you I’m going to win it’

US Republican presidential nominee John McCain says he can guarantee a win in next week’s election, but says the result will be very close.

Senator McCain, who has been trailing Democratic rival Barack Obama by more than 10 points in some national and state polls, said his campaign was “doing fine” with the polls nine days away.

“Those polls have consistently shown me much farther behind then we actually are,” he said. “We’re doing fine.

“We’ve closed in the last week and if we continue this close in the next week you’re going to be up very late on election night.

“I guarantee you that two weeks from now you’ll see that this has been a very close race and I guarantee you I’m going to win it.”

“We are very competitive in those areas and we’re going to have to just get out our vote and work very hard over the next nine days.”

No comments: